Dr. Fazale Rana’s Comments on Istanbul and the Conference on the Origin of Life and the Universe
- Thank you very much Dr. I will begin with a few questions. First I want to know, is this your first time in Istanbul?
- Yes. This is my first time in Istanbul. What a beautiful city.
- Wonderful. How do you like it so far?
- I love it here. The city is so full of life, so full of interesting things and history. But also in addition to being a beautiful city, it's populated with really such beautiful people. Turkish people have been so kind to us, so friendly and outgoing. What a wonderful wonderful city. It's an honor to be here.
- Thank you very much. And how about your opinion on this specific organization that's holding the conference?
- Well, I am thrilled to be part of this conference. To me it's refreshing in this time when there is so much hostility and conflict to actually be at a conference where the goal is to promote friendship and conversation among Christians and Muslims and to try to find points of common agreement. And in my view there is no greater agreement than the idea that there is a Creator and that science should point us, point the way to that Creator. So I think it's a great idea to promote this kind of conversations and these opportunities to work together as Christians and as Muslims.
- Thank you for that perspective.